General Wash Instructions for our Apparel Items:
1. Our product fabrication contains a mix of cotton, polyester or elastane except for the logos, prints and decorations.
2. We recommend a machine wash on a cold and gentle cycle, with like colors. Remove promptly from the washer when finished.
3. Only use a non-chlorine bleach when needed.
4. Use a cool iron if needed.
5. Do not iron directly on prints, patterns, logos or decorations.
6. Do not dry clean our items unless indicated on the care tag.
*All Thomas Sabo stores globally, offer complimentary cleaning and polishing of jewellery.
You can prolong the life of your jewellery by properly and regularly caring for it. There are some basic rules that you should follow in order for you to prolong the life of your precious and beautiful pieces of jewellery:
- If possible, rings and other pieces of jewellery should not be worn while carrying out home and garden work, exercising or bathing (salt or chlorine water).
- Jewellery should be removed before going to bed or taking a shower.
- Perfume or hairspray can cause the jewellery to become dull and decrease its shine. We recommend putting perfume, hairspray or other cosmetics on first before putting on your jewellery.
- Pearls should not come into contact with perfume, make-up or hairspray. Alcohol or other solvents can damage the surface of the pearls.
- Pearls should be kept separately from other jewellery, ideally in a cloth bag or wrapped in a soft cloth. That way you can prevent your synthetic pearls from being scratched.
Soap, cream and make-up residues can be removed using an ultrasonic device. The ultrasonic device should not be filled with abrasive cleaning agents. It is best to use water with a little bit of neutral cleaning agent.
Only silver jewellery suitable for silver immersion baths may be cleaned using commercially available silver immersion baths; immersion baths for gold and silverware are not suitable.
Use: Immerse jewellery according to the time shown on the usage instructions, then rinse thoroughly with warm water and wipe it dry or blow-dry.
All THOMAS SABO silver pieces are crafted using 925 sterling silver and gold pieces are plated using 18 carat yellow or rose gold.
Please note that traces of wear and tear (e.g. scratches) are more visible on items which have larger polished silver or gold surfaces as on other items. These can occur even after a short time.
External influences like scratches and tarnishing are normal signs of wear and tear and are not factory defects. Store your silver jewellery in a clean, dry place away from direct sun exposure. Please avoid storing your jewellery in damp and hot conditions as this can cause silver and gold plating to discolour and tarnish.
It is advisable to remove all jewellery when partaking in any physical or labour intensive activities. For this same reason, it is also advisable not to wear jewellery when asleep at night.
Skin and hair products such as body lotions, perfumes and creams can react adversely with jewellery causing precious metals to tarnish and/or erode. It is advisable to apply any cosmetic products in advance of putting on jewellery.
You can refresh the shine of your jewellery piece by polishing the item with a silver/gold cleaning cloth.
Furthermore we offer a professional reconditioning service at our workshop. Please note that it can´t be avoided that in process of reconditioning a silver abrasion will occur.
A result of this is that existing engravings could become weaker.
Silver immersion baths should not be used to clean oxidised jewellery, if you don’t want the oxidisation (blackened) effect to be removed. The surface can, however, be polished using a silver cloth.
Silver immersion baths are also not suitable for cleaning jewellery with synthetic pearls, freshwater cultured pearls, lapis lazuli, coral, turquoise, mother of pearl, jasper, howlite or hematite.
Only the silver parts on leather wristbands, rubber straps or straps made of any other sort fabric may be cleaned using a silver cloth. Do not put leather wristbands and fabric straps in silver immersion baths or clean them using an ultrasonic device.